I have been using LinkedIn for a couple years now, however in 2012 I have really began harnessing the power of what the platform can do for me in terms of networking. I made a strategic decision in 2012 to give LinkedIn my full attention for growing my business. I am continually amazed at the amount of value it provides to the networking process.
The sheer amount of potential that lies within second and third degree connections within my network is amazing.
A few quick tips on improving your LinkedIn presence:
- Write recommendations, it is the best way to get recommendations
- Keep your photo updated and current
- Connect with other professionals you know (this is not the place to connect with your Grandma and long lost Uncle Ted)
- Complete your profile by listing all your positions
- Get endorsed, and endorse others for their skills
- Stay active by share industry articles