We had a great meeting this month. We talked in depth about the media management in Final Cut Pro and how it relates to translating your project into After Effects. We also did a quick recap of all the new features in Final Cut Pro 10.0.6 and 10.0.7, which dropped in late 2012.
Quick list of notable features in version 10.0.7 and 10.0.6
- Multichannel Audio overall, now we can finally edit multiple channels in the timeline
- Better Importing, unified for all types of files and footage
- Improved Sharing Interface
- Exporting a selected range from the Event Browser and project timeline
- Chapter Markers
- Pasting Effect Attributes
Overall, we are very pleased with the pace of Apple’s releases on Final Cut Pro. With every release we get closer and closer to perfection in editing.
Stop in next month on February 14th, 3 PM for our next group, we’d love to have you.
A quick list of past attendees of the group:
- Shane Trowbridge – Video Editor, IMAVEX
- Ryan Sarver – Video Producer/Owner, 2355 Productions
- Scott Graber – Photojournalist/Editor, WTHR Channel 13
- Phil Cramer – Video Producer/Owner, Cramer Creative
- Rusty Hornickel – Photojournalist/Editor, WTHR Channel 13
- Paul Brown – Multimedia Producer and Writer, Paul Brown Video
- Xavier Richardson – Freelance Mutlimedia Producer